MATEK GNSS & COMPASS M9N-5883
- M9N-5883 uses multi-constellation GNSS powered by u-blox NEO-M9N , NEO-M9N is a concurrent GNSS receiver which can receive and track multiple GNSS systems. Owing to the multi-band RF front-end architecture all four major GNSS constellations, GPS,Galileo, GLONASS and BeiDou can be received concurrently.
- More details about the NEO-M9N, pls check out u-blox NEO-M9N page
- GNSS u-blox NEO-M9N (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou)
- Magnetic Compass QMC5883L
- Patch antenna 25*25*4mm
- Input voltage range: 4~6V (5V pad/pin)
- Power consumption: 50mA
- UART baudrate: 38400 default
- Operating Temperatures: -20~80 °C
- UART(TX, RX) interface for GNSS NEO-M9N
- I2C(DA, CL) interface for Compass QMC5883L
- JST-GH-6P connector
- 3.3V Power LED, Red
- GNSS PPS LED, Green, blinking(1Hz) when GNSS has 3D fixed
- 1x M9N-5883
- 1x JST-GH-6P to JST-GH-6P 20cm silicon wire
Wiring and settings
- M9N-5883 5V to Flight controller 4~6V
- M9N-5883 RX to Flight controller UART_TX
- M9N-5883 TX to Flight controller UART_RX
- M9N-5883 CL to Flight controller I2C_SCL
- M9N-5883 DA to Flight controller I2C_SDA
- M9N-5883 G to Flight controller GND
- Compass Alignment(Arrow forward and flat mounting):
INAV/BetaFLight: CW 270° Flip when flight controller arrow is facing forward also.
Ardupilot/Mission Planner: Rotation None.
- Protocol: Ublox or NEMA
- Make sure to have compass/magnetometer 10cm away from power lines/ESC/motors/iron based material
- The scratches on ceramic antenna are the result of tuning the antenna.
- u-center Windows
- ArduPilot supports NEO-M9N well
- INAV2.5 ublox/ublox7/NEMA all don’t support NEO-M9N. M9N is supported by INAV2.6 ublox or ublox7 protocol(both run at 5Hz)
- Betaflight UBLOX protocol doesn’t support NEO-M9N, Pls select NEMA protocol & Auto Baud.
- HD cameras(Gopro, Split, Tarsier, etc) could interfere GPS signal, try turning off HD camera before GPS 3D fix
- The NEO-M9N provides the ability to reset the receiver. Bridging “RST” pad to Ground for at least 100 ms will trigger a cold start. RESET will delete all information and trigger a cold start. It should only be used as a recovery option.